SHERRI A. WILSON
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of Texas
- J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law 2010
- - St. Mary's Law Review for Minority Issues
- - Dean's List, Phi Delta Phi
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas 1999
- - Cum Laude
Sherri Wilson focuses her practice on patent, trademark, and copyright law, with an emphasis on due diligence, litigation, and prosecution of intellectual property. She also provides counsel to executive management of companies in connection with identification and protection of intellectual property, as well as, strategic legal advice on other technology-related matters.
Prior to practicing law, Sherri worked as an electrical design engineer in the telecommunications and defense industries. As a design engineer, she developed and validated circuit boards for cellular and data communication applications. These designs involved high-speed circuit design, signal processing, firmware development, and software integration. Sherri also worked with cross-functional teams to develop a GPS solution for positional tracking.
Sherri’s strong technical background has allowed her to effectively represent clients in a wide range of technological areas, including semiconductors, wireless communications, electronics, sensors, software, internet, and mobile applications within Apple iOS and Android.
RELATED LITIGATION EXPERIENCE
• Counsel in a patent infringement lawsuit in the Northern District of California involving video graphics technology. Case settled favorably for the client.
• Counsel for multiple software patent infringement suits in the Eastern District of Texas.
• Counsel for several trademark cases in U.S. district court and before the U.S. Trademark and Trial Appeal Board.
• Counsel in multiple copyright infringement lawsuits in the Western District of Texas, with multiple cases involving infringement by Chinese Defendants.
• Counsel for case involving Lanham Act claim of false designation of origin in the Western District of Texas. Case included complex analysis of Google data and internet protocol data. At trial, client prevailed with jury awarding damages of $2.3 Million.
• Riggs Technology Holdings, LLC v. Medscape, LLC and WebMD, LLC (D. Del. 2018) – patent infringement suit.
• Melissa A. Wilson v. Tessmer Law Firm, PLLC et al. (W.D. Tex. 2018) – trademark infringement action.
• Amazing.com, Inc. v. Parties Identified in Schedule A (W.D. Tex. 2018) – counterfeiting and copyright infringement suit.
• Internet Brands and WebMD Health Corp. v. Medology (W.D. Tex. 2018) – federal trade secret.
• Farm & Ranch Publishing LLC v. Keller Williams Realty, Inc. (W.D. Tex. 2018) – trademark infringement suit.
• Xpel Technologies v. Carlas Int'l Automobile Accessories Ltd., et al. (W.D. Tex. 2016) – trademark infringement suit.
• Axcess Int’l, Inc. v. AMAG Technology, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2016) - patent infringement suit.
• Mission Pharmacal Company v. Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. et al. (W.D. Tex. 2016) –trademark infringement action.
• James Avery Craftsman, Inc. v. Sam Moon Trading Co., et al. (W.D. Tex. 2016) –copyright infringement suit.
• Trover Group, Inc. et al v. USA Vision Systems, Inc. (E.D. Tex. 2014) - patent infringement suit.
• Wickfire, LLC v. Trimax Media, Inc. (W.D. Tex. 2014) – Lanham Act claim.
• Waves Audio, Ltd et al. v. Motorola Mobility LLC et al. (N.D. Cal. 2013) - trademark infringement action.
• Rotatable Techs, Inc. v. Blastro, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2013) - Defend online music video service, Blastro, Inc., against patent infringement claims.
• Positive Technologies, Inc. v. Sony Electronics, Inc. et al. (N.D. Cal. 2011) - patent infringement action.
PATENT, TRADEMARK, & COPYRIGHT PROSECUTION
• Drafted and prosecuted several utility patent applications pertaining to medical products, retail products, finance, and related technologies.
• Drafted and prosecuted numerous trademark applications, as well as, responsible for maintaining the domestic and international trademark dockets for numerous clients.
• Drafted and prosecuted numerous copyright applications.
• Responsible for drafting license agreement involving high end computer systems and networking software; the agreement involved hardware and software companies and included a distribution agreement.
• Responsible for drafting and negotiating agreements involving other intellectual property transactions, including development agreements, end user license agreements, and sponsorship agreements.
SEMINARS, SPEECHES, & PUBLICATIONS
“Protecting Trademarks and Copyrights,” Client In-House CLE Presentation, Dallas, Texas May 23, 2019
"Changes to Venue Rules and the Rise of Multi-District Litigation," 23rd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute, UT Law, Austin, Texas November 1, 2018
"Basics of IP Litigation," Client In-House CLE Presentation, Dallas, Texas August 7, 2018
“Ask the IP Attorneys Q/A,” Advanced Patent & Trademark Seminar, USPTO Texas Regional Office, San Antonio, Texas December 14, 2016
Economics of Diversity Paper, Women in IP Law Committee, Intellectual Property Owners Association March 12, 2019
MEMBERSHIPS & AWARDS
Named 2020 Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers
Austin IP American Inn of Court, Associate Member 2014-2017
Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member of Litigation and Women in Law Committees
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)